Saturday, July 2, 2011

I'll remedy that!

 Hmmm, my entries have been kind of solemn, but I have a remedy for that.  I will reflect on my granddaughters for a bit.
 Aha, I just read an email about the pursuit of happiness---meaning you must actively participate in the search for your happiness.  My granddaughters could have their pictures by that definition.  They wake up looking for fun things, and I am usually rewarded with their find even if my eyes are not open enough to see it.
 My youngest granddaughter is finally using real words instead of the squeals and uh's that her sister says are Spanish.  That explains why I can't understand.  I forgot all the Spanish that I learned in elementary school.
 Her first meaningful and useful word besides dada and mama was BABA.  She knew this was a sure way to get something to drink.  Now she has learned another word that promises her new places and fun activiites--"GO".
 As we grow up why do we outgrow the excitement that comes from just GO-ing outside, GO-ing to get ice cream, or GO-ing to a park.  We forget about simple joys and think adult outings have to be bigger, better, and way too expensive.
 Maybe we should rewind to our days of splashing in mud puddles, playing with toys with no batteries or sound, and enjoying the sheer pleasure of b-l-o-w-i-n-g bubbles.
 Three CHEERS for the game of chase---Catch me if you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment