Monday, June 27, 2011

Growing up

 When you were growing up did you get ideas in your head and make plans for this grand future that you were going to have when you got a little older and hopefully a lot wiser?
 Well, my ideas were not so grand, just basic.  I wanted to be the best wife and mom, and even Ann Landers was gonna be writing me for advice. HA!
 This blog is about the twists and turns of my life as I retrieve them from the maze that I call my mind.
 If anyone stumbles upon this blog and stays long enough to read past the 1st attempts, I hope you see a little of yourself and feel relieved not to be the only one with these thoughts.
This is not a dream...I have been awake the whole time.  Twenty-five years as a wife--divorced now..not the worst times but not always a Kodak moment.  Who knew that not all husbands want to be your best friend?
  As a mom I have had almost 32 years with two grown sons who sometimes made me question my desire for motherhood but more lately have made me happy and proud that I was able to stick around for these latter years. Still trying to get it right!
 I have one grandson who woke up my enthusiasm and spoke to my inner tomboy. Also, I am blessed with two granddaughters who bring back my days of bows and babydolls.
 On any given day I am a daughter, sister, friend, and available confidante.
 As I write people of my past and present will be revealed as they join me in this dance.
 I can't promise that my meandering will be easy to follow, but I hope they will be entertaining  and maybe will prompt some sharing from anyone who stops by my blog.  I welcome you and wish you well on your personal journey, also.
 This seems like a good spot to pause.......there will always be more

No comments:

Post a Comment